Monday, April 24, 2006

The Perfect Ending

I see couples who have been together for years and they look so happy. I often wonder if they've always been that happy, and if not, what it took for them to get to the "happy" part. I think I'm getting a hint now: They started off somewhat rocky. I always hear that in order to get to the good place, a couple has to go through some bad times. But is it supposed to be rocky at the beginning? Is it supposed to make you wonder what went wrong when you were planning your life? I had a plan for my life and it was nothig like this. I know that everything can't be full of roses (calla lillies for me) but I would like to have a year where everything is just nice. You know, nothing spectacular or extravagant, but just nice. Is that too much to ask? I have learned one thing. I have learned patience. I just sit a wait for things to turn out okay because I now know that crying about it or throwing temper tantrums won't change my situation. So that's what I'll do now. In case you haven't guessed it, i've met someone. Things are good. I'm happy with it. At the same time, there are adjustments that now have to made and there's not a thing I can do about it. I know in the end, things will be perfect (however they turn out). But, for now I'll just wait. I'll wait and see what happens. And I'll enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

So, Miss Davis, how's your ending coming along?