Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My big news...and then some

Okay so I must admit it to myself before I go any further. I have not worked on my book in over 2 months! Throw me against a wall and hit me with a pancake! How could I have abandoned something that I claim to be my passion! How could I have deserted those thoughts in my mind that should have been written on paper? Hundreds of stories are out the window because I was so careless and so self-involved in my own life that I forgot to focus on the one thing that relieves stress!
I'll tell you how. I let my life get completely out of order. I moved, dog-sat, yes, dog-sat, and began teaching Composition which meant that my apartment was constantly filled with so-called "great" papers from students who took about a day to write them! Sidenote: I remember doing that. But now I'm back on track. I actually went back to my book last night and the ideas were flowing! My characters are going to experience so much emotion I might need therapy myself. I haven't found a title yet, but it's coming. But that's not my big news. My big news is that I have decided not to get a pet!(at the moment at least) Now, everyone knows that I love animals, but after dog-sitting (don't laugh) and last years' episode with Chloe (I wonder how she's doing), I just need to prioritize my life. Right now, a pet will not do. I simply don't have the time. Okay, I just lied. I actually do have the time, but I'm building my calendar so I know that within the next few months I won't have the time. Fair enough right? So that's my big news. I'm once again working on my book and I'm not getting a pet. I know everyone's heartbroken, but it'll be okay...really!

No comments: