Monday, August 13, 2007

Early Riser

Okay, this waking up early thing is kicking my butt! I used to be an early riser and when I fell off, I didn't realize how hard it would be to get back on track. I set my alarm for 6am (should 5:30am) because that's the time I need to wake up before work in order to get a certain number of things done (and have time to start my day off right). Well, this morning I woke up at 3:45am. Okay, way too early to be up. Plus, I had only had 4 hours of sleep. So I stayed up until 4:45am, then dosed off and woke up again at 5:20. By that time, I felt that since I hadn't had a sufficient amount of sleep, I should just cut off the alarm and sleep in. Fast forward to 8:36am! So now no matter what I do, I feel like I'm 2 1/2 hours behind schedule which makes me feel crappy. Not to mention, I've come across at least 4 other blogs that talk about being an early riser and how successful the days are now. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being a nightowl. Whatever works for you is great, as long as it equals productivity, not laziness. But since I've been an early riser before and I like sleeping at night, the nightowl thing just isn't me. So, I'm getting back on track tonight by making sure I do some sort of cool down exercise before bed (taking a bath, reading a book, cutting the t.v off and drinking tea...). Most blogs said not sticking to it everyday at first would happen, so I'm even more determined now. Here's to another road trip!

No comments: