Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Year in Review

It’s been a year! I can’t believe it. A year ago I met you and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. If anyone had told me I’d be where I am right now with you, I wouldn’t have believed that person. I know everyone says that, but it’s true. If anyone would have told me that last February would be the last February I’d wonder when my time for love was coming, I would’ve laughed. If anyone would have told me that I would throw out all of my preconceived notions of what it means to have to a true relationship, I would have smacked them. If someone would have told me that I would experience a love so rare that even I couldn’t explain it, I would have rolled my eyes.

You and I have experienced some ups and downs (more ups than downs) and we’ve had some tests. I’ve prayed a lot, cried a lot, laughed a lot, and re-examined a lot of my thoughts and “rules.” I’ve had to ask myself, “Do I really know what I want?” I’ve had to answer the question, “Am I ready to give exactly what I’m asking for?” I can say yes to both.

I’ve helped you through some things and you’ve helped me through some things. You’ve held me when I needed it, prayed for me without me even asking, and have proved that this is something you want to grow and mature. For that, thank you. I’ve learned that your memory is better than mine, you know how to cure aches and pains better than I do, I still know how to separate colors better for laundry, you’re better at training Sophie, and I’m better when it comes to sleeping schedules (lol). I know that over time we’ll learn much more about each other, but I’m glad at what we have learned.

I could tell you what I want for our future, but instead I’ll tell you what’s closest to my heart…a list of thank you’s:

Thank you for loving me and letting that love grow.
Thank you for holding my hand and kissing me in public.
Thank you for encouraging me to be my best.
Thank you for allowing me to follow my dreams.
Thank you for making me feel better after a long, hard day.
Thank you for resolving issues with me instead of walking away.
Thank you for daydreaming with me and trying everyday to make those dreams come true.
Thank you for sharing your life with me.
Thank you for “waiting with me.”
Thank you praying with me and for me.

You said you’d give me the world little by little and you’re succeeding. I love the year we’ve spent together and I can’t wait for the rest.

Happy Anniversary! I love you!

No comments: