“Life is what you make of it.” I never knew what that meant until today. I always thought of sad, depressed people as those who couldn’t find the joy. But you know what? Sometimes it’s just hard to find it. “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me.” That’s a lie. My bones will heal, but I’ll never forget what was said. “Relationships show you how selfish you are.” They also show you your greatest fears. They show you what you can take and what you can’t.
I’m in love with an artistic soul. Someone who has so many doors in his heart it captivates me. I love his mind. I love the way he thinks. I love the words that fall over a page and the drawings that accompany them. I love the stories he tells. And you know what, as someone who’s a lover of stories and writes them, I can appreciate it. I should be able to understand everything. Key word: should. The problem with me understanding art in any fashion is that I also understand that when someone paints, draws, sings about, or writes something, there’s a piece of that person that comes out in his work. That’s the point. No one’s ever completely fictitious. So yes, to a certain extent, I get it. But there’s that other side of me. That mate side. You know that side. We all have one. It’s the side that questions what’s going on when an unusual feeling occurs. And when it comes to dating an artist, that side comes out with a vengeance.
Is he talking about me?
If so this is sweet. If not, who the hell’s he referring to?
Do I consider this a “red flag?”
She needs her artwork at what time?
Wait a minute. Is he in one of his “artistic moods” or is he mad?
That girl’s appreciating his work a little too much.
So what’s the advice for this one? Simple. The truth always comes out. You can’t hide from it, around, or beneath it. You can’t escape truth. So if the truth always comes out, why try searching for it? If you have a suspicion, ask about it. Confront it. If not, don’t let anything get in the way. “Life is what you make of it.” So true. I choose to make it one of joy.
Here’s to another road trip.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment