Sunday, December 31, 2006
Just Some Thoughts
Okay, so it's an hour and 20 minutes til to new year and I'm feeling philosophical. Not really, but I was thinking about all of us turning another year older (thank the Lord) and it occurred to me that my entire life, I always wondered what it meant to be an adult. When I was younger, i felt that an adult meant being married and having a family. Then I met people who were married, had families, but failed to take care of them. Okay, that doesn't make someone an adult. Then I thought being an adult was being financially independent. Well, there are now 10 year old millionaires and 35 year olds filling for bankrupt. Once again, money doesn't make you an adult. Then I thought being an adult meant having a job. Do I need to elaborate just to come to the conclusion that it doesn't make you an adult? No...so what makes someone an adult? It all boils down to your definition. For me, it's about maturity and living a balanced life in all areas. Now I could go more in depth, but that would end up being a book the length of an encyclopedia. I also believe being an adult (according to my definition) is not something someone reaches in full, but is a life-long process. It requires becoming a better person every day and is not something that involves a 7 step, 9 step, or 12 step plan. Like I said before, there's nothing significant about this entry, just some thoughts. If it speaks to you...I've done something good. If not, I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Be safe and enjoy your new year. Here's to another road trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment