Friday, July 06, 2007

Change in Schedule

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of or read blogs by Steve Pavlina, but I wanted to prepare my body for work again (I'm on the academic calendar). I use to be an early riser-I'm talking 5:30am, and I wanted to get back to that state again. Well, maybe not 5:30am, but close to it. So I googled "How to Become an Early Riser" and this article by Steve Pavlina came up. First I must say that the article is great and he had some wonderful tips for going to bed, getting up early, sticking to it for a certain number of days (30) before it actually becomes a habit. So yesterday was day one. I woke up at 5:45am, worked out, took my shower, dressed, and got started with my day. By 8:30am, I had already done half of the things on my list. It was great! Well, just like the article said, I didn't expect for my new routine to completely take shape so early. So I wasn't that surprised when I couldn't go to bed until 12am this morning, fell asleep immediately, and woke up at 7:45am! Needless to say, I did not work out, but I did do something good: Instead of rolling over and going back to sleep (because I missed my 5:45am wake up call), I got out of bed anyway and started my day. Now tomorrow will be the hardest because it's Saturday. Steve says to go for 30 straight days so your body can get the hang of it...we'll see.

Ever tried to become disciplined in a specific area? It's hard, but that's how stars are made. I encourage everyone to change something about their routine that could be a little better. It'll be tough, but you'll feel better in the end. Ah, spoken like someone who hasn't tried to change anything. LOL! Here's to another road trip.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I was impressed that you woke up at 7:45 AM. I guess that's not what you're aiming for though... good luck with that whole "rising when the sun does" thing. :)