Friday, October 06, 2006

My Dream Life

You know, the more I talk to people, the more I realize that many are not doing something they love. Most of us are working a job we really don't want and even though we may be enjoying life, it's a forced enjoyment. What do I mean by that? I mean we pump ourselves up to enjoy the day, the work, and the people instead of it coming naturally. I didn't know this was possible until I experienced it myself. I don't hate job, but I don't love it either. That's a problem. So I was thinking of the type of life I would love to have and here it is:
I work on my novel, I teach (2 college courses) or advise students (which can partly be done from home), and from time to time I submit new research findings to journals. That's it! That sounds so nice! Sure there'd be stress every now and then, but it would be okay because it would based on a career I love. So what am I doing? I need to get out there and get the life I want. Here's to another road trip.

No comments: