Well, my collegues told me this would happen. I've got my dog and now I don't even feel like dating! How crazy is that? Okay, let me be honest, my precious Sophie really has nothing to do with it. But I am at a point where going through the different phases of a relationship only to find out that the relationship I wanted isn't meant to be is definitely draining my energy. I mean first there's the intial meeting be it phone, computer, or date(s). Now we all know this intital meeting lasts around 3 months. This is where you put your best face forward: your apartment's continuously spotless, you seem to have the best outfit for every day of the week, not one piece of hair is out of place, and every part of your life is protrayed as organized and drama-free. If you've caught on as I have, you've realized that this is not the true representation of yourself or the person you're "talking" to.
So now those 3 months are over. Time for the next 3 months. This is where the real you and real him/her (whoever's reading) seeps out bit by bit. A messed up place here, a negative comment there, and you realize that the other person really hates all the movies you love! So now you have to assess the relationship because you have feelings for the other person, but that really wasn't the real person! What to do?
After that relationship ends you enter a new one where you decide that the two of you will lay everything out on the table. You discuss your likes, dislikes, values, education, career, family, and what the two of you are looking for in a relationship. Wrong move! You've unfortunately learned everything (almost) about the other person in one day and have obviously eliminated him/her from the picture because "It just wouldn't work."
So after years of going back and forth and creating new methods of dating without wasting too much of my wonderful life, I'm exhausted! It's Friday and tonight I literally want to go home, play with my dog, eat pizza, and finish my book (it's getting good). So tell me...have I hit a new stage in the dating process?
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There isn't a method to dating. When a guy is serious about being with a female then things will fall in place. It's hard for women to date these days. It's so many women available these days, it is like a kid in a candy store. Yes, the first three months are great. The excitment wears off and its on to the the next one. Not that its something wrong with the lady, just on to the next one. Sad but true in some cases. When its right, you'll know. No games, just happiness 24/7. Til then keep smiling you sexy lil thing.
Post a Comment